by Reid Baxter, RE/MAX Executive The Baxter Team ~
- LOCATION – Enjoy the conveniences without the traffic congestion. Sun City Carolina Lakes is a melting pot of American culture, with residents moving here from all regions of the Carolinas as well as from many areas of the country and many countries of the world. Spread across over 1,500 acres, SCCL is less than twenty-five miles from both uptown Charlotte and the airport.
- GOLF COURSE & PRO SHOP – Located in the middle of the SCCL campus, with five tee boxes on every hole, the rolling, tree-lined Carolina Lakes Golf Club is as much of a challenge as you like. They have a full-service pro shop as well as a restaurant with a full-time chef.
- RESTAURANTS – Speaking of restaurants, everything that tastes good keeps moving closer. In addition to the Tavern on the Lakes on the SCCL grounds, there are numerous major chain and non-chain restaurants within an easy ten-minute drive. Whether it’s burgers in Waxhaw or shrimp and grits at the Tavern on the Lakes, dining out is simple and delicious.
- GOLF CART ACCESSIBLE SHOPPING – Why drive your car to the grocery store when you can take your golf cart? Among other great stores, Carolina Commons shopping center has a Harris Teeter, a UPS store, a veterinarian clinic, a nail salon, a beauty/barber shop, and a BBQ restaurant, all accessible by golf cart.
- TWO AMENITY CENTERS – The two amenity centers, the Lake House and the Lodge, house a three-story, world-class fitness center and the largest ballroom south of Charlotte. In addition to pool tables, a card room, and a pottery room with two kilns, there is a café and rooms for the numerous other activities on the grounds. These buildings are the heart of community activity, well at least the indoor activity.
- SPORTS – Opportunities and venues for outdoor activities define an active-adult community. SCCL has miles of walking trails, bocce ball, horseshoe pits, pickleball courts, a softball field, and state-of-the-art clay tennis courts. Moreover, every venue is available for personal use or for organized league play.
- WOODWORKERS SHOP – The SCCL Woodworkers Guild manages the day-to-day activities of the woodshop. There is no need to clutter your garage or basement with your power tools when you have lathes, table saws, planers, and most other power and hand tools available to you. Obviously, safety is first around power tools. The woodworkers shop provides outstanding training on the skillful and safe operation of all tools. It’s a great venue for experienced woodworkers and the novices alike.
- NEIGHBORHOODS – The community is organized by pods. Each pod has a volunteer who represents the interests of the neighborhood at Homeowner Advisory Council meetings. In addition to being the voice and ears of the neighborhood, pod reps also coordinate regular social activities. The SCCL culture is about lifestyle. Meeting with your neighbors socially is an important part of the fabric of community life.
- COMMUNITY EVENTS – Would you like to attend plays and concerts in your own community? The Lifestyle team invites comedians, concert musicians, pop bands, and opera singers along with many other entertainers to perform at SCCL. You can even be part of the act yourself by joining the Performing Arts Club or the Choral Society.
- CLUBS & INTEREST GROUPS – Chartered clubs and interest groups include arts and crafts, community service, lectures and discussions, performing arts, and a wide variety of social organizations. So, whether it’s lifelong learning or line dancing, Republicans or Democrats, bookworms or Bible study: there is something for everyone. If your interest isn’t there, you can get the group started.
There are far more than ten reasons that Sun City Carolina Lakes is the best active-adult community in the Charlotte metro area. Please feel free to visit us, RE/MAX Executive the Baxter Team, at 6277 Carolina Commons, Suite 900 in Indian Land, SC, 29707. You can also call us at 803.802.9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we are a full-service real estate office with both listing and buyer’s agents, we specialize in active-adult communities. Please see our website, charlotteretirementcommunities.com, for current listings.
6277 Carolina Commons, Suite 900
Indian Land, SC 29707